A+ Certified Service Technician
CompTIA A+ certificate is the starting point for a career in IT. Upon completion of this course, you will be certified with the skills necessary to install, configure, operate, troubleshoot and maintain PCs, mobile devices, laptops, operating systems, networks and printers. The course will prepare you for the two exams that are part of the certification requirement. Depending a student’s level of education and experience, the full course and exams can be completed within 5 or 10 days.
• Course Code: NET105 & NET106
• Career Level: Beginner
• Course Duration: 5 Days (40 hours of training)
• Exam: 220-901 & 220-902
• Certification: CompTIA A+
• Course Delivery: Instructor-led classroom; Instructor-led virtual and hybrid options available
Check back often for updates or send us an email at training@TASCManagement.com so we can notify you of upcoming courses.
The CompTIA A+ certification is the perfect starting point for a career in IT. Associated job titles include: Technical Support Specialist, Field Service Technician, IT support Technician, IT Support Administrator and IT Support Specialist.
• Required Prerequisite(s): None
• Recommended Experience: 6-12 months hands-on experience in the lab or field.
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
• Identify the components of standard desktop personal computers.
• Identify fundamental components and functions of operating systems.
• Identify best practices followed by professional personal computer technicians.
• Install and configure computer components.
• Maintain and troubleshoot computer components.
• Install and configure operating systems.
• Maintain and troubleshoot installations of Microsoft Windows.
• Support laptops and portable computing devices.
• Support printers and scanners.
• Support personal computer network connectivity.
• Support personal computer security.
• Hard Drives
• Troubleshooting of Hardware
• Optical Drives
• Windows Vista
• Windows 7
• Windows 8
• Troubleshooting of Operating Systems
• Local Printers
• Network Printers
• Risk Management
• Operating Systems