Certified Chief Information Security Officer -CISO
The components of the training program include
• 8 hours a day for 5 days
• Class Hours:
The 5-day EC-Council’s Certified Chief Information Security Officer (C|CISO) program is the first of its kind training and certification program aimed at producing top-level information security executives. The C|CISO does not focus solely on technical knowledge but the application of information security management principles from an executive management point of view.
Check back often for updates or send us an email at training@TASCManagement.com so we can notify you of upcoming courses.
Information security executives who directs strategy, operations and the budget and aligns information security programs with business goals and objectives.
Prerequisites: Some recommended prerequisites for the CISO course:
- A Minimum of 5 years’ IT security experience -OR- Senior-level management/executive responsibility
- Security networking knowledge
- At least a base level understanding of COBIT, ITIL, CISSP, PCI, NIST and HIPAA
- Security management and auditing experience (CISM and CISA)
Recommended experience: CompTIA Network+ certification and two years of technical networking experience, with an emphasis on security.
The training focuses on five domains to bring together all the components required for a C-Level position. It combines governance, security risk management, controls, audit management, security program management and operations, information-security core concepts, and strategic planning, finance, and vendor management––skills that are vital for leading a highly successful information security program. The five domains were mapped in alignment to the NICE Cybersecurity Workforce Framework (NCWF), a national resource that categorizes and describes cybersecurity work, listing common sets of duties and skills needed to perform specific tasks.
This course prepares individuals to perform the primary responsibilities of a Chief Information Security Officer (CISO). The program will help develop the skills and knowledge needed to:
- Provide strategic leadership as a steward of the organization’s information security and a trusted partner with other business executives in the organization
- Develop and implement a robust, accurate, and actionable metrics reporting process that maps back to the business
- Understand and manage the risk posture of an organization
- Communicate and work closely with legal and privacy officers to protect the organization from legal and regulatory non-compliance
- Establish and manage the organization’s security policy catalog
- Understand requirements for secure development lifecycle, and application security concepts
- Understand and manage the security implications of emerging technologies
- Secure adequate resources and manage the IT Security budget
Lead and manage a technical staff of security managers, architects, engineers and specialists, as well as contractors and vendors
Instructor led, group-paced, classroom-delivery learning model
Certification: Certified Chief Information Security Officer
- Number of questions: 150 multiple choice questions
- Length of test: 2.5 Hours
- Passing score: 72%
- Languages: English
- Exam codes: 712-50
In this course, consists of in-depth content in each of the 5 C|CISO Domains:
Domain 1: Governance and Risk Management
Domain 3: Security, Program management and Operations
Domain 4: Information Security Core Competencies
Domain 5: Strategic Planning, Finance, Procurement and Vendor Management