Lifecycle – Continual Service Improvement (CSI)
This 3-day course immerses learners in the overall concepts, processes, policies and methods associated with the Continual Service Improvement (CSI) phase of the Service Lifecycle. The course covers the management and control of the activities and techniques within the CSI stage, but not the detail of each of the supporting processes. This course is designed using an engaging scenario-based approach to learning the core disciplines of the ITIL best practice and positions the student to successfully complete the associated exam.
The components of the training program include:
• Course Certificate: ITIL Intermediate Lifecycle – Continual Service Improvement (CSI)
• Duration: 3 Days – (24 Hours of Training)
• Course Delivery: Instructor Led
Check back often for updates or send us an email at training@TASCManagement.com so we can notify you of upcoming courses.
The CSI Lifecycle course will be of interest to:
• Individuals who have their ITIL v3 Foundation Certificate (or the ITIL v2 Foundation + v3 Foundation Bridge certificate) who want to purse the intermediate and advanced level ITIL certifications.
• Individuals who require a deeper understanding of the CSI stage of the Service Lifecycle and how activities in this Lifecycle stage may be implemented to enhance the quality of IT service management within an organization.
• IT professionals working in or new to a CSI environment who require and understanding of the concepts, processes, functions and activities involved.
• Individuals seeking the ITIL Expert certification in IT Service Management for which this qualification is one of the prerequisite modules.
• Individuals seeking progress towards the ITIL Master in IT Service Management for which the ITIL Expert is a prerequisite.
• A typical role includes (but is not restricted to): CIOs, CTOs, managers, supervisory staff, team leaders, designers, architects, planners, IT consultants, IT audit managers, IT security managers, service test managers and ITSM trainers.
• Hold an ITIL v3 Foundation certificate or ITIL v2 Foundation + v3 Foundation Bridge certificate.
• There is no minimum requirement but a basic IT literacy and around 2 years IT experience are highly desirable
Upon completion of this course, you should be able to:
• Understanding Service Management as a Practice and CSI principles, purpose and objective
• Understanding how all CSI processes interact with other Service Lifecycle processes
• The sub-processes, activities, methods and functions used in each of the CSI processes
• The roles and responsibilities within CSI and the activities and functions to achieve operational excellence
• How to measure CSI performance
• Understanding technology and implementation requirements in support of CSI
• The challenges, critical success factors and risks related with CSI
• Certification: ITIL Intermediate – Lifecycle
• Number of questions: 8 (Eight)
• Length of test: 90 minutes
• Passing score: 70%
• Languages: English
• Requirement: Completion of the Continual Service Improvement Lifecycle course from an Accredited Training Provider is required to sit for the exam.
Module 1: Introduction
• Student and Instructor Introductions
• Unique Nature of the Course
• Course Learning Objectives
• Course Agenda
• Concept of Service, its value proposition, and its composition
Module 2: Continual Service Improvement
• Purpose and Objectives
• Scope of CSI
• Approach to CSI
Module 3: CSI Principles
• Relationship Between CSI and Organizational Change
• Influence of SLM on CSI
• Importance of the Deming Cycle
Module 4: CSI Process
• The 7-Step Improvement Process
• Integration with Other Service Lifecycle Stages
• Service Reporting and Articulating Reporting Policies and Rules
Module 5: CSI Methods and Techniques
• What to Assess and When to Use Assessments
• Using Gap Analyses to Identify Areas of Improvement
Module 6: Organization for CSI
• Activities and Skills of the 7-Step Improvement Process
• Roles, Responsibilities, and Skills
Module 7: Technology for CSI
• Purpose and Goals
• ITSM Suites
• Tools Used in CSI
Module 8: Implementing CSI
• Where to Start
• Role of Governance in CSI
• Effect of Organizational Change on CSI
ITIL® is a registered trade mark of AXELOS Limited The Swirl logo™ is a trade mark of AXELOS Limited and/or The ITIL Accredited Training Organization logo is a trade mark of AXELOS Limited.